Advertisements

Mansion Volavče in Slovenia

Wappen_Herzogtum_KrainObčina_Šentjernej_grb

The Volavče mansion is located in the settlement of Gorenje Mokro Polje in the municipality of Šentjernej.

NAME:

Volavče, Volavcse (SLO), Volavtsche, Wollautsehe (GER)

HISTORY:

The mansion was build in the 17th century by nobleman Franc Sigersdorf from previous building as a part of the Prežek estate. Today building is in horrendous state.

OWNERS:

Franc Sigersdorf 17th century, nobleman Franc Ludvik Buseth before the year 1684, nobleman Janez Andrej Semenič (1695), nobleman Ferdinand Feliks Jurič (1702), nobleman Janez Lovrenc Wernegkh (1703), nobleman Volf Sigmund Diennersberg (1711), grof Maksimilijan Rudolf Kajetan Paradeiser (1753), Maksimilijan widow baroness Frančiška Ksaverija Egkh, baron Avguštin Zois (1761), countess Marija Jožefa and Marija Terezija Paradeiser (1781), nobleman Franc Jelovšek Fichtenau (1800), Julijana Rudež (1876), Ivan Kuralt 1913.

Litography of mansion Volavče made in 1679 by Johann Weikhard von Valvasor.

Manor Volavče

IMAGES:

LOCATION:

45°50’1,07″ N 15°17’31,49″ E

SOURCE:

Ivan Stopar, Zbirka Grajske stavbe, založba Viharnik, Ljubljana.

Johann Weikhard von Valvasor, The Glory of the Duchy of Carniola 1689.

Site: http://www.slosi.info/01gradovi/02podrobnejse/dolenjska/v-1/volavce.php

Advertisements
The following two tabs change content below.

VigilantKnigh

Explorer of medieval history.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close