Advertisements

Castle Hohenau

Wappen_Herzogtum_KrainObčina_Šentjernej_grb

The castle was located in the settlement of Mihovo in the municipality of Šentjernej.

NAME:

Hohenav (SLO) Hohenowe, Hohenau (GER)

HISTORY:

Castle was first indirectly mentioned in the year 1180 as Hohenowe. At the end of 14th century the castle was succeeded by a Hohenau manor in the vicinity of the castle. Today there are only partial traces left.

OWNERS:

Henrik and Majnhard of Aiginow, Counts of Weichselberg, Counts of Andechs (13th century), Berengar of Hohenau (1306), noble Sicherstein (second half of 14th century), Counts of Cilli.

LOCATION:

Alleged location: 45°47’35,03″ N 15°20’14,39″ E

SOURCE:

Ivan Stopar, Zbirka Grajske stavbe, založba Viharnik, Ljubljana.

Johann Weikhard von Valvasor, The Glory of the Duchy of Carniola 1689.

Site: http://www.slosi.info/01gradovi/02podrobnejse/dolenjska/h-1/hohenau.php

Advertisements
The following two tabs change content below.

VigilantKnigh

Explorer of medieval history.
%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close