Advertisements

Castle Prežek

Wappen_Herzogtum_KrainObčina_Šentjernej_grb

The Prežek castle stood in the settlement of Cerov Log in the municipality of Šentjernej.

NAME:

Prežek, Preshek (SLO), Prisekke, Preseck, Preysegg (GER)

HISTORY:

Castle Prežek was build in the beginning of the 12th century by the noble Pris. Castle was devastated by Rudolf von Schärffenberg in the year 1315. Two years later the castle was rebuild and fortified by the owner bishop of Freising. In the year 1511 the castle was hit by severe earthquake and ruined. After natural disaster it was abandoned and never rebuild. Today only small remanents remain.

OWNERS:

In the begining of 12th century, noble Pris a lineage of Counts Puchs and relatives of Weichselberg. Knights Prisekke, Counts Weichselberg (1200), Counts von Andechs, bishops of Freising (1254), Rudolf von Schärffenberg from the year 1301 till the year 1315 and again from year 1320, from 1389 – 1392 Seibot Schuller, 1396 – 1400 Trackenberg, 1404 – 1409 Andreas von Auersperg, family from Tschernembl, Auersperg till its abandonment in the beginning of the 16th century.

IMAGES:

LOCATION:

45°47’40,52″ N 15°19’31,2″ E

SOURCE:

Ivan Stopar, Zbirka Grajske stavbe, založba Viharnik, Ljubljana.

Johann Weikhard von Valvasor, The Glory of the Duchy of Carniola 1689.

Gradovi v Sloveniji

Lidar

Advertisements
The following two tabs change content below.

VigilantKnigh

Explorer of medieval history.

1 thought on “Castle Prežek

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close