The Golo mansion stood in the settlement of Gorenje Gomila in the municipality of Šentjernej.
Golo (SLO), Gallhoff (GER)
The mansion Golo was built from the ruins of the former tower house Golo, built by the Carinthian dukes Spanheims in the 14th century. The house was managed by the Sicherstein knights and later noble knights Preissekh. The tower house was devastated in the battle with Avares for the Carniolan border in 1305. In the same year ruins and nine farms were sold by Oto Sicherstein and Ofo Landstrost to the Henrik Preissekh. At the end of 14th century there is only a mention of a mill owned by the Ana von Gall. Mansion Golo, first mentioned in 1406 was build on the location of the mill and was owned by Peter and Martin Gall. In 1461 Kristopher Dachawer sold the mansion to the Fons beatae virginis Mariae monastery. At the end of 15th century the owner was Jurij Spekh. From the year 1499 mansion was owned by Christian priests from Novo mesto. From the begining of the 17th century and to the 19th century there were a lot of diffrent owners. The mansion was demolished in the 19th century. Today there are no visible traces of the building.
Litography of mansion Golo made in 1679 by Johann Weikhard von Valvasor.
45°51’28,33″ N 15°17’37,24″ E
Ivan Stopar, Zbirka Grajske stavbe, založba Viharnik, Ljubljana.
Johann Weikhard von Valvasor, The Glory of the Duchy of Carniola 1689.