The mansion was located in the settlement of Dobravica in the municipality of Šentjernej.
Dobravica, Dobravca (SLO) Guetenhoff, Guttenhoff, Dobravzi, Dobrauza (GER)
In the 17th century nobleman Wernegkh and Krištof Rudolph removed ruines of the 12th century fort and used them to build mansion Dobravica. The ditches of the old fort are still visible 1.2km north of the mansion Dobravica. The mansion was burned out by the german soldiers in 1943.
Nobleman Wernegkh and Krištof Rudolph (17th century), Pavel Mertinec (end of 17th century), Franc Friderik Nettelhorst, Kostanjevica Monestery (1707), Janez Kogovšek (1786), Jožef Reich (1801), nobleman Ivan Franc Klein (1803), Jožef Bušič, Majzelj and Trenz.
Litography of mansion Dobravica made in 1679 by Johann Weikhard von Valvasor.
Alleged location: 45°50’31,73″ N 15°19’7,15″ E
Ivan Stopar, Zbirka Grajske stavbe, založba Viharnik, Ljubljana.
Johann Weikhard von Valvasor, The Glory of the Duchy of Carniola 1689.
Latest posts by VigilantKnigh (see all)
- Johann Lenkovitsch - 19 Nov 2018
- Antique Fortified Settlement Ajdovski Gradec🏰⚔🔍 - 6 Nov 2018
- Shepherd And The Three Fairies – Old Slovenian Folk Tale - 2 Nov 2018