Advertisements

Mansion Prežek

Wappen_Herzogtum_KrainObčina_Šentjernej_grb

The Prežek mansion stands in the settlement of Cerov Log in the municipality of Šentjernej.

NAME:

Prežek, Preshek (SLO), Prisekke, Preseck, Preysegg (GER)

HISTORY:

In the 15th century the mansion was build by nobleman Andrej Auersperg from an early building. In 1942 italian soldiers raided the mansion and stole all the inventory. After the raid partisans burned the building so that the Italian soldiers could not use it as a base of operation. After the war the building was renovated and used for housing. Today it is left abandoned.

OWNERS:

Andrej Auersperg (the end of 15th century), Sigmund Auersperg, Sigersdorf (1547), nobleman Ivan Franc Jurič (1615), baron Janez Krstnik Moscon, nobleman Franc Anton Langer (19th century)

IMAGES:

Litography of mansion Prežek made in 1679 by Johann Weikhard von Valvasor.

Mansion Prežek

LOCATION:

45°47’47,95″ N 15°19’20,15″ E

SOURCE:

Ivan Stopar, Zbirka Grajske stavbe, založba Viharnik, Ljubljana.

Johann Weikhard von Valvasor, The Glory of the Duchy of Carniola 1689.

Source: http://www.slosi.info/01gradovi/02podrobnejse/dolenjska/p-1/prezek2.php

 

 

Advertisements
The following two tabs change content below.

VigilantKnigh

Explorer of medieval history.
%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close