Advertisements

Tower house Otok

Wappen_Herzogtum_KrainObčina_Šentjernej_grb

Tower house Otok was located in the settlement of Hrvaški Brod in the municipality of Šentjernej.

NAME:

Otok (SLO) Gutenwerde (GER)

HISTORY:

Tower house was build in the 13th century by the Freising bishops and was managed by the knights of Guttenwerth and Arch. In the year 1492 the tower house was attacked and devastated by the Turks. Later a mansion Otok was build from the ruins of tower.

OWNERS:

Freising bishops (13th century), knights Guttenwerth and Arch.

LOCATION:

Somewhere in the vicinity of location 45°52’24,86″ N 15°21’4,75″ E

SOURCE:

Ivan Stopar, Zbirka Grajske stavbe, založba Viharnik, Ljubljana.

Johann Weikhard von Valvasor, The Glory of the Duchy of Carniola 1689.

Site: http://www.slosi.info/01gradovi/02podrobnejse/dolenjska/o-1/otok.php

Advertisements
The following two tabs change content below.

VigilantKnigh

Explorer of medieval history.
%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close